As interviewed by The Texas Standard, the national daily news show of Texas (Ransomware Attack Leads to Breach Affecting 700 Students in 39 Texas School Districts).
Ransomware Attack Leads to Student Data Breach in Texas Districts
- FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students — The FBI has released a podcast for parents on the privacy and security risks of educational [...]
- The Shared Security Weekly Blaze: Back to School Cybersecurity — The August 27 edition of the Shared Security Podcast focuses in on the state of K-12 cybersecurity and offers useful guidance to parents seeking to assess (and help!) their children's school district to shore up baseline cybersecurity [...]
- The Complicated Story of a Student Hacker — The complicated case of 'Finn,' a student who hacked his school's server, website, and social media [...]
- Schools Prove Soft Targets for Hackers — Like big businesses, schools gather a lot of data. Unlike big businesses, they don't have many IT and security resources to protect that information. Schools collect names and birth dates, social security numbers, discipline records and health records. With this data, thieves can create fake online identities, or sell the students' information and [...]
- FBI, ED: “Cyber Criminal Group Threatens Schools and Students” — The FBI (Cyber Division) and the Department of Education's Office of the Inspector General issued a warning about cyber-extortion schemes focused on public [...]