If you are organizing a webinar, conference, or event to raise cybersecurity awareness within the education sector–or need a keynote speaker–please contact me.
Recent and Upcoming Public Presentations
- November 12, 2019. TBA. Yale Privacy Lab.
- June 5, 2019: “Big Threat to Ed-Tech Innovation: Cybersecurity.” The Ed-Tech Leadership & Innovation Summit. Education Week Online Summit.
- April 11, 2019: “Attacking the K-12 Cybersecurity Challenge.” Education Week Webinar.
- April 1, 2019: “What K-12 Policymakers and Administrators Need to Know About School Cybersecurity.” National School Boards Association Annual Conference & Exposition (Philadelphia, PA).
- March 4, 2019: “Where School Safety, Security & Surveillance Meet.” SXSWedu 2019 (Austin, TX).
- February 6, 2019: “What K-12 Leaders Need to Know about Cybersecurity.” TCEA Conference & Exposition (San Antonio, TX).
- January 16-17, 2019: Hosted by Learning Technology Centers of Illinois. K12 Data & Security Summit (Tinley Park and Effingham, IL)
- November 20, 2018: “Common Sense Cybersecurity Controls for K-12 Schools.” Hosted by the Learning Technology Centers of Illinois.
- October 25, 2018: Discussion on Ed Tech Privacy and Security. Hosted by Modern Learners Community.
- October 16, 2018: “School District Strategies for Managing Cybersecurity Risk.” Hosted by Encore Technology Group.
- September 19, 2018: “K-12 Cybersecurity: What’s at Risk?” Hosted by the National School Boards Association.
- August 2, 2018: “Responding to School Cybersecurity Threats and Vulnerabilities: Lessons from the K-12 Cyber Incident Map.” Hosted by Pine Cove Consulting.
- March 15, 2018: “Fulfilling our Social Contract for Education in a Digital Age.” Hosted by the Northeastern MD Tech Council (“STEM Summit XV: Disrupting the Classroom“).
- March 1, 2018: “The Social Contract for Education in a Digital Age.” Hosted by the San Diego County Office of Education (“K-12 Technology, Law, Security, and Ethics Conference”).
- March 15, 2017: “Cybersecurity and the Education Sector.” Hosted by the National Governors Association (“Meet the Threat: States Confront the Cyber Challenge“).