The State of K-12 Cybersecurity:
2019 Year in Review Webinar
March 5, 2020 at 1:00 PM EST
Archived Webinar Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5589514000204173569
Join Doug Levin of EdTech Strategies, LLC/K-12 Cybersecurity Resource Center in partnership with Global Resilience Federation for a webinar on lessons learned from cybersecurity incidents affecting U.S. public school districts during the 2019 calendar year. This report series is the first and only data-based effort exclusively focused on the cybersecurity threats facing the education sector.
“The State of K-12 Cybersecurity: 2019 Year in Review” is based on information documented on the K-12 Cyber Incident Map and underscores the significant impacts to schools, families, staff, and communities from malicious cyber activity. Among the damage to be discussed will be mass identity theft, the loss of millions of taxpayer dollars, and significant wasted instructional time.
The webinar will feature report highlights, as well as expert commentary from state and local officials on the front lines of incident prevention and response. These experts will discuss the lessons they have learned in preventing, mitigating, responding, and recovering from school cybersecurity incidents.
A path forward will also be proposed to enhance the mutual defense of the K-12 education sector through the launch of a new, non-profit cooperative intelligence exchange.
- Mark Orsi, President, Global Resilience Federation
- Doug Levin, Founder and President, EdTech Strategies, LLC | The K-12 Cybersecurity Resource Center
- Eric Lankford, Cybersecurity Engineer, Birdville ISD
- Frosty Walker, CISO, Texas Education Agency
- Rosi Kloberdanz, Director, EduTech and ND K-20W Initiative
- April Mardock, IT Operations and CyberSecurity Manager, DoTS, Seattle Public Schools
- Kevin Ford, CISO, State of North Dakota